Wednesday 24 December 2008

The Cunning Cobbler

[Mood Indigo '08 was a rocking affair, but what made it even more special for me was my winning 'Twas Brillig, the creative writing contest! Contestants were required to broadly interpret and write on the topic 'Ho ho ho!' (given on the spot). Entries were to have 55 words or less. Here's the prize-bagging entry:-]

A frail ol' fella,
Sitting under his leaking roof,
Mended my leaking umbrella-
And made it leakproof.

"It's good as new,"
Said I, digging out two rupees;
"How much do I owe you,
My man, as your fees??"

At this grinned the cobbler:
"Two rupees won't do.
A 'new' umbrella, sir,
Costs hundred times two..!"

2 comments:

Unknown said...

hey....i thot dat "nonino" won u d prize....u askd dem bout it???

Anirudh said...

'Tis Brillig