Tuesday 4 May 2010

The Dream of Mirrors

[For the record, reverie is my favourite English word. Is it the sound or is it the meaning? Both.]

That dream I saw in your eyes that day-
Of that place somewhere away-
I thought that dream was what you wanted;
So I kept my own aside,
I toiled and toiled, and toiled and tried-
I tried so hard to get it granted.

That dream of a place, I saw in your eyes,
Wasn’t yours, I then realize:
My own reverie it was, it seems;
Your lovely eyes did my dream mirror,
Your lovely, dreamy eyes did spur
Me on to chase my dream.

How naïve was I to not have known?
It wasn’t yours or mine alone-
We’d seen that dream together;
Our different dreams came near, converged,
And cuddled, kissed, and then they merged,
Fulfilling one another.

You’d dreamt of a place with quiet and peace,
Just you and me, and some cool breeze.
We’ve come, at long last to that spot,
That’s perfect, but, completely, not-
The peace is spoiled by my heart apace,
And the breeze is soiled by my breath on your face.

3 comments:

IceMaiden said...

creativity turned on like a faucet during exams eh? :)

Nice one.

Cheers,
Annie.

Janani said...

Just wow! I'd like to sit and listen to all, just ALL of your poems once.. Please.

Prasad Vaidya said...

Aswesome experience reading this one!