Sunday 31 May 2009

..and Verse are all I have..

[..to take your heart away.]

Like the musical rhythm of the ebbing waves,

Sweeter than nectar, is your voice to my ear;
I wish the world became quiet as the caves,
So that it'd be the only sound I could hear.

Like two solitary stars twinkling bright,
Nothing seem more stunning than your eyes to me;
I wish the sky became dark as the night,
So that they'd be the only sights I could see.

Like the cool breeze blowing in the autumn,
Your lovely tresses send me head over heel;
I wish, to every other sense, my body became numb,
So that it'd be the only thing I could feel.

Like the brilliant sunrise, o'er the distant hill,
I melt inside, when I see your dazzling smile;
I wish the whole world came to a standstill,
So that I could think of you all the while.

Like smooth, silken yarn, more precious than gold,
Are your feminine arms, with those delicate fingers;
I wish, I could, but once, in my hands, hold,
So that for a lifetime, the sensation would linger.

Like an angel descending down from Heaven's door,
You walked into my life, and drove me crazy;
I've ne'er felt this way about a girl before,
I can't study nor sleep - What's happening to me?!

Like the miracles of God - indescribable,
For your beauty, I have words few;
No matter how much I try, I am not able,
To say that I love you.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"Similes don't work half as well as metaphors." Oh, well.